Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Protective Styling

It has been awhile since I have posted on my blog. I have been through a lot so I couldn't post what I have been doing currently at the moment. I have been displaced as a Hurricane Sandy Victim. So as much as I wanted to say what I've been upto I just didn't have the chance. So , I am sorry if you have been wondering what is up , or if I am going to do any new blog posts. I lost a few products from my Journey, and was lucky to even save some, or get some from volunteers. I did spent a little money when I could to get a few items to incorporate at the time of the incident since I was displaced and couldn't do what I mostly do in the comfort of my own environment. So, just to get into it, this is what I have been doing protective styling I started after being displaced by the storm. I was lucky enough to save my shampoo and conditioner I recently bought. Not so lucky to save the cream set though except for one item, which is my argon oil. I washed with what I have which is what I will show you in a few. I braided my hair and installed my vanessa hair clips in. This has been working lovely for since that time. So overall I have been protective styling from the middle of october until now which is december. I would like to continue this in the beginning of next year until early march spring. I did leave my hair out for two days before I installed the hair again. I also make sure I moisture/seal the hair in-between taking down and washing.
Here are things I used and pictures will be posted (see side pictures)
Shea Moisture Original Version ( I really like this product not too bad/replacement because I lost what I normally use) Mane N Tale Detangler ...I use this on the weave to keep it smooth but it is also good for your natural hair to detangle and smooth and keep the hair moisturize also. Shampoo and Conditioner- Entwine Duo- Already bought love the way it washes my hair makes it nice and soft feels moisturized when wet. My Argan Oil. I had a Entwine Set but sadly that got washed up so I had to throw it out :( My Hydrator cream is what I use and normally love, to do my hair styles and moisturize my hair. As for the creme styler jelle I wasn't too fond of it makes the hair defined but hard and crunchy, the cream de mold for edges was cool something that could last long but doesn't hard tighten little side hairs that tend to stick out. But it something good to use to touch up your edges. I also bought some clips and goody combs to help with future styles in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment